It’s relevant to not only engage customers but also to make users keep excited about Dynamics 365 and using it for as a purpose to compete.
This results in the success of D365 implementation among users.
To serve the purpose, D365 has an add-on called as Gamification wherein ‘game commissioners’ can setup games for D365 users to play and compete against each other. Let’s look at enabling this service for D365.
- You’ll need to be on at least Dynamics 2016 CRM Update 1.
- D365 Customer Engagement License to anyone who will use this service.
- If you are a Global Admin or D365 CE Administrator, In your D365 Admin Center, under the Org you want to enable Gamification, you can find the add-in and simply click Install.
- You’ll need to Agree to the terms of service to proceed.
- It takes about 15-20 mins for the setup of the solution and can happen in the background. Once successfully installed, a new Area in the SiteMap will appear called as Gamification.
Next step after enabling it.
- Click on Start Activation to begin the process.
- It will ask the for the credentials of the User who will authenticate to Activate the Gamification. They must be a System Admin with a D365 CE license.
- Provide consent by Agreeing to permissions asked.
- Once completed in the background, an Security Key will be generated. Simply copy it and paste it in the Box given below.
- That’s it. Gamification is now enabled for the Organization.
There are three aspects to Security Roles
- Commissioner is the one who will enable the Add-in i.e. a Global Administrator or D365 CE Service Administrator.
- Game Manager is an actual Security Role given to a person who should create and run the games for the users.
- Users are the ones who have a D365 CE license who will access Gamification service.
Hope this was helpful to set you up!