At times, users are unaware of the deprecation announced for D365 v9 version earlier in 2018 or simply, they’re not aware whether to look for deprecation announcements. One of the most common instances I’ve come across lately are when people complaining about the Process Stage Name entity not updating post the v9 update.
Deprecated Feature – Process
So when you try to add these columns in you entities’ views, you’ll see that StageID (Process Stage) is now shown as Deprecated.
Read More About It Here
Here’s the Microsoft link where this is stated and other deprecations for upcoming D365 versions:
But, it is important that you also have a workaround at hand to keep the data up to date. Here’s a quick workaround to get the Stage Name.
- Create a custom Single Line of Text field on the entity that you need the Stage name on. In this case, Opportunity entity.
- Create a Real-time Workflow on the BPF entity itself. In this case, it was the Opportunity Sales Process BPF’s entity called as ‘Opportunity Sales Process’.
- The workflow will be triggered when the Process is Applied and then Active Stage field is updated on the BPF.
- And in the Step, it will only update the Opportunity’s custom field to the Active Stage.
- That way, you can have the Stage Name data in your custom field and use that instead.
Hope this helps! 🙂