If you are using JSON Parse function in Power Automate and are comfortably generating schema from Trigger Outputs (or any Output for that matter), to get the Dynamic Content but end up getting the below error even after generating the Schema by parsing actual data itself?
Let’s look at why this happens.
Scenario / Issue
Now, below is the usual step you follow to generate the schema –
- Let’s assume you are reading from the body of the CDS trigger. Again, it could be anything. And you are using Parse JSON and generating schema as below –
- And the schema is generated as below –
- I’ll point out an exception here. The above Schema was generated from a Schema whose data in decimal had 0.0
- Hence, when you generated the Schema from the Data, the Data’s Type was set to “integer“
- So, when 0.0 passes through the parse, it’s successful because it is interpreted as 0 and not 0.0
- Now, when something like 2.5 passes through it, it gives the below error.
- Since you can’t be always aware that the data you are using for parsing is an actual Decimal or a Whole Number, so in that case, simply change the Type of the Schema in JSON Parse change to “number“
- Now, in this case, if you resubmit the same Run again, it will pass through in case there are no other issues.
Hope this helps!!
Here are some more Power Automate / Flow posts you might want to check –
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Tag a User in a Microsoft Teams post made using Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate
- Office 365 Outlook connector in Cloud Flows showing Invalid Connection error | Power Automate
- FormatDateTime function in a Flow | Power Automate
- Formatting Approvals’ Details in Cloud Flows | Power Automate
- Trigger Conditions not working in a Cloud Flow? Here’s Why | Power Automate Quick Tip
- Create a Team, add Members in Microsoft Teams upon Project and Team Members creation in PSA / Project Operations | Power Automate
- Read OptionSet Labels from CDS/Dataverse Triggers or Action Steps in a Flow | Power Automate
- Using outputs() function and JSON Parse to read data from missing dynamic value in a Flow | Power Automate
- Adaptive Cards for Outlook Actionable Messages using Power Automate | Power Platform