Finally, D365 Teams Integration is out in Public Preview and I was excited to try it out on one of the D365 9.1 trial environments.
Currently in Preview so it is not recommended for Production purposes. Anyway, let’s dive into seeing how we can enable the Preview.
Enable the Preview in D365
- Enable the Preview of the D365 For Teams from System Settings > Previews.
- And click on Yes to enable it. It will ask for confirmation.
- Click OK and it will ask for confirmation
- And it takes a few minutes to provision.
- And in a few minutes, you’d be done.
Logging into Teams and get the App
- Now, suppose you already have Teams app on your desktop. Go to Store and look for the Dynamics 365 (Preview) as shown below.
- Click on Add to a Team to disable it and only enabled it for me. Maybe I’ll write another post on what these settings do, but to continue for myself, I’ll select only Me.
- And if you wish to open any of those, else close out the window.
- Now, let’s configure this for first time use. Find the app in the menu like so.
Configure the App
- Now, let’s configure it by connecting to your D365 environment. Click on Configure.
- It will ask you Organization you want to connect to, select the same.
- And provide your credentials –
- Grant consent too.
- Finally, you’ll get it enabled.
Seeing it work
And to test it out, I put in natural langauge ‘show me alpine sky house’
And I had the results