Recently, you must’ve received an intimation from Microsoft saying that ODATA v2 is now deprecated. See this link: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/odata-v2-0-service-removal-date-announcement/
And if you are wondering how to go about finding what has been used, you can use Solution Checker to identify deprecated code which should show up like below using your Solution Checker.
Let’s see how we can use Solution Checker!
Running Solution Checker
Here’s how you can run Solution Checker in Power Apps Maker Portal (https://make.powerapps.com/) and see the results –
- Given that your solution already contains the JS Web Resources which you want to run Solution Checker on, you can select the Solution and expand Solution Checker to click Run as shown below.
- It takes a few moments to Run the Solution Checker solution. You’ll see the spinner as shown below.
- Once completed, you can expand the Solution checker and click on View Results.
- Once you click on View Results, you’ll see the list of detected anomalies in your JS Web Resources.
Apart from the suggested JS best practices, you can see the Category Upgrade Readiness to identify the deprecated code being used in your solutions.
- Once you click on the Reference link in each of these results, it’ll open up a Pane on the right hand side to show what the issue is
- And when you click on Get the complete guide, here’s the link of the same (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-apps/maker/data-platform/powerapps-checker/rules/web/avoid-2011-api?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911) which will give you the below details in Microsoft Learn Documentation –
- Now, if you look at the code that is being references in the Solution Checker result, you’ll see the old code (marked with Red Box)being used.
Instead, you should use the new code (marked with Green Box) to do carry out the newer version of the functionality –
- See the next section in this blog to get the details on the deprecation in client side scripting for Power Platform / Dynamics 365 CRM.
Important Deprecations for Power Apps & Power Automate
Here’ are the Deprecated APIs for Power Platform / Dynamics 365 CRM Client Scripting: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/important-changes-coming#some-client-apis-are-deprecated?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate