While importing and Unmanaged Solution into another environment, you must’ve come across these error messages like “There are missing dependencies. Install the following solutions before installing this one: “Active”“
Now, there are various factors as to why this error is seen. I’ll try to cover one of them. Missing Connection References! Let’s take a look.
So, out of other reasons, one could by that there are some Flow’s Connection References that are not yet added to the Solution when it was exported out.
Error on Import
Let’s say you trying to import this Unmanaged Solution in an environment.
- This is your Source Solution which you want to Export and Unmanaged and Import into other environment.
- You see the following error on Import.
- Now, there are many other reasons why you are getting this error. But, in this case, it’s about missing Connection References from the Source Solution
Adding Connection Reference
In my case, it was missing adding the Connection References in the Source Solution, so here’s what I did –
- Go to the Add existing in your source Solution
- Look for Connection Reference (preview)
- When I add that, I can select what all Connection References are available to add.
Here, you’ll have to select all those Connection References which you have utilized in your Solution Components.
To understand more on Connection References, here’s a post by Alex Shlega’s posts on Connection Reference – https://www.itaintboring.com/powerapps/connection-references/
- When you click that, it’s added behind the scenes. Now, export the Unmanaged Solution again.
Re-Importing into Source Instance
Now, In your Source Instance, re-import this newest Unmanaged Solution.
- Now, importing the 220.127.116.11 version, you’ll see no issues.
- And when you click next, you’ll be asked to Create a Connection right away
- In this example, I’m supposed to create a CDS (Current Environment) connection. Because that’s what I had selected as a Connection Reference while exporting from the Source Instance.
Skipping a few intermediate steps. My connection is created as below.
- Going back to the Import tab where I was importing the Solution, I’ll just refresh as directed.
- Any my Connection is available.
- I can just continue to Import as usual and it’ll be imported.
Hope this helps!
Here are some more Power Platform related posts you might want to check out –
- Using triggerBody() / triggerOutput() to read CDS trigger metadata attributes in a Flow | Power Automate
- Send a Power App Push Notification using Flow to open a record in Canvas App | Power Automate
- Count of total CDS records returned in a Canvas Power App connection [Quick Tip]
- Call HTTP Request from a Canvas Power App using Flow and get back Response | Power Automate
- Implement character length validation in a Canvas Power App | Power Platform
- Accept HTTP Requests in a Flow and send Response back | Power Automate
- Terminate a Flow with Failed/Cancelled status | Power Automate
- Generate Dynamics 365 record link in a Flow using CDS connector | Power Automate
- Launch URL on a Data Table Text column selection in a Canvas PowerApp | SharePoint Lists
- Get Dynamics 365 field metadata in a Canvas App using DataSourceInfo function | Common Data Service
- Call a Dynamics 365 Action from Flow [Bound and Unbound Actions] | Power Automate
- Setting Retry Policy for an HTTP request in a Flow | Power Automate