A very handy approach for admins and users of Dynamics 365 who want to bulk clean up field values – And just selecting them in Bulk Editing them as shown below doesn’t help!!
So here’s the scenario – You want to clear the selected records for their Credit Score field
Because primarily, you can commonly put a value in a field using Bulk Edit, but not clear the value.
What you can do instead, create a quick and simple workflow to clear the field.
- Create an On-Demand workflow on Contact entity with an Update step for Contact
- In the Update step, point to the field and then select the Operator on the right hand side to select Clear
- Make sure the Clear appears on the field you want to Bulk Update
- Once done, save and Activate the workflow. Run on the selected records you want to clear at once
- The values will now be cleared for these records
Hope this helps!
One thought on “D365 Quick Tip: Bulk Clear field values”
[…] By the way, if you want to Bulk Clear and start fresh, you can check my blog on Bulk Clearing fields using Advanced Find here – D365 Quick Tip: Bulk Clear field values […]