Very straight-forward and useful feature is Geo Coding addresses on Sales, PSA & Field Service entities. Like, on Account, Work Order etc. entity. Let’s take an example of Account in this article.
Enable Geo Coding
Geo Coding first, needs to be enabled in D365. If you try to access the Geo Coding feature, you’ll be treated with this error –
So, let’s do the following –
- Navigate to the Resource Scheduling app –
- If you are in the Unified Interface, make sure you switch the Area to Settings and then select Administration
- Then, Scheduling Parameters
- In Resource Scheduling, flick the Connect To Maps to Yes, read the warning specified and confirm if you are ok
Using Geo Code
- Once enabled, you can click on the Geo Code ribbon button on the Account record.
- And, it will pick the address you entered and show the Latitude and Longitude for the same. You can simply click OK once the details look correct to you
- The same will show on the fields on the Account entity
Hope this helps!