Using Custom Controls is the new cool in Dynamics 365. Specifically, if visual cue of approximation or ‘to what extent’ is priority over the textual/numeric data, using Custom Control is the best way forward.
Something like this –
In my use case, I want to know the client budget so that I keep Quotes for them around the range they can afford.
Now, number will give me an idea. But a visual cue of the same will let me know the spending capacity of the client in the bigger picture.
So, I’ll use Linear Slider custom control on the Client Budget currency field to show a slider as well as the currency value.
Enabling Linear Slider on Currency Field
- So here, Client Budget (new_clientbudget) is my Currency type of field in D365.
- On the Form Editor, I’ll go to Properties of the field and go to Controls. Click on Add Control…
- Select Linear Slider among others and click Add.
- Then, I’ll set the properties of the control. Make sure you enable them for Web, Phone and Tablet as per your preferences.
- I’ve set the min and max range for the control, also that step which should reflect while moving the slider.
- Finally, click OK and publish changes.
You can even input custom number in the box and the slider will set to it.
Hope this was useful! 🙂
Thanks for reading.