Disclaimer: This is an experimental implementation and is not recommended out-of-the-box. My assumption is Microsoft would not provide support for anything that gets goes wrong while implementing this, with the original MS scripts or anything that intervenes with out-of-the-box functionality. Kindly implement at your own risk, do not change the existing out-of-the-box files and back up entities/files before any customization.
Maintain Bookings Schedule Board view in PSA 2.4.x?
Recently, I upgraded PSA from v1.2.x to v2.4.x. And I missed the classic Availability view of the Maintain Bookings of the older version. 2.4.x has the new Schedule Board approach.
Schedule Board based Maintain Bookings view as below
Instead of the old Availability View from the v1.2.x version which looked like this –
Also, even other projects bookings were seen which wasn’t desired and editing the hours was added effort. Se let’s see what we can do her –
- Knowledge of Ribbon Workbench in the XRMToolBox.
- Make sure you have any D365 environment having PSA in version 1.2.x. You’ll need the older ProjectTeamActions.js file from that version of D365 PSA 1.2.x.
- I prepared a new JS Web Resource (named it MyCustomProjectTeamActions) in the target PSA 2.4.x environment and added the code from the PSA 1.2.x’s PSA file ProjectTeamActions.js file referred in the Pre-Requisites section above
- In the XRMToolBox, connect to the 1.2.x’s Specify Pattern button on the Team Member Sub-grid view, you can use that as a reference.
- In your updated PSA 2.4.x’s Org, assuming you have copied the ProjectTeamActions.js from the older org to your custom Web Resource file in Step 1 above, you can prepare a new custom button next to the existing one and use your custom file instead on your button. I just called it ‘New Maintain Bookings’
- And Publish your changes. Then go to the Project’s Project Team Member view and see your new button work.
Seeing it Work
- Now your new button appears besides the current version’s Maintain Bookings.
- And that will bring up the Availability View for the Maintain Bookings on how it was in PSA 1.2.x
Hope this helps you out too!