With Wave 1 of 2020, Early Access lets you use fantastic features in Dynamics 365 CE. For Sales customers, this little feature will definitely be a delight!
Disclaimer: Before we proceed, please note that this is a part of the Wave 1 2020 Early Access. We can’t be sure if this will make it to the final release. Also, you can enable Early Access into your Sandbox instance only and test since it’s not recommended for Production at this point.
Let’s start! Till now post Wave 2 2019, you were able to generate PDF Documents from the Document Templates you created for entity records. You can now take it a step further by having to choose between just downloading the file or Saving it to SharePoint directly behind the record.
- SharePoint Integration enabled in D365
- Generate PDF option enabled for the entity record you want this feature on.
If you are looking to enable this feature, check this post – Create & Send PDFs from Word Templates for Quotes in D365 CE Wave 2 Updates
- Wave 1 2020 Enabled for your Sandbox Organization.
You don’t need to perform additional settings for enable/disable this feature.
- Just as you used to create a PDF from Wave 2019 updates, you need to do the same.
- And you’ll be prompted if you want to also save it to SharePoint.
- Once successful, you’ll see that it was saved to SharePoint.
Saved to SharePoint
You can check the Documents grid, the Document will be attached there –
In this scenario, it won’t do both -Download and Save to SharePoint.
Hope you find this feature helpful!