Now, since PSA v3 is a major shift from it’s previous version, ways to do certain things have changed. Let’s quickly look at one of the many ways to book a resource by Assigning them and then Booking them in PSA v3.
I have a sample Project called Grand Chocolatiers Inc. whose Schedule looks like this (the WBS is now Schedule in PSA v3) –
I will now Assign and Book a Resource to show you how this is done in PSA v3.
1. Now, you don’t have any resources Assigned to the Project you just created, so let’s go to the Schedule in the Project and add a new Resource, say, Alicia Baker
I’ve added Alicia Baker without booking her.
2. Coming to the Team and refreshing the grid, I’ll see Alicia being Assigned the 12 Hours.
- Now, I’ll come to the Resource Reconciliation section and see how I can book Alicia on the task. I’ll select the Previous Difference in order for me to see the distribution I want to book Alicia on.
- After I double click on the Hours denoted (1), I’ll see and expanded view (2)
- Now, if I only select the below highlighted days, I’ll be booking Alicia for those hours on the 3 selected days only
- Then, I’ll click on Extend Booking
- Once I confirm the 3 days that I see, the resource will be booked for that time
- And I’ll see the updated Reconciliation View after I book the resource
- Now, if you check the Team or the Schedule Board, you’ll be able to see that Alicia is now Booked for the selected duration
Hope that was helpful!
To read more about Reconciliation View in D365 PSA v3, refer Kuldeep Gupta‘s blog post on Reconciliation View & Scheduling a Resource in PSA v3