When you enable Editable Grid for an entity, all the public views become Editable Grids, correct?
And if you wonder if you can keep certain grids as Read-Only and the rest as Editable, your assumption is correct. Here’s what this blog is about.
You can still go back and select a particular grid which you want to keep as a classic Read-Only grid
- Let’s say you have added the Editable Grid under Controls. This will apply Editable Grids for all the Views on that entity.
- And you want Vendors view, for example, to show the classic Read-Only grid, open it up.
- Select Custom Controls.
- And force-add another Read only grid even if it says the Default one is already selected.
- Save and Publish you changed and check
- And the rest of the grids will continue to be Editable Grids
Note: I tried this on the Unified Interface and this works. Somehow, it didn’t work on the Classic Web UI.
Hope this helps!
One thought on “Use Read-Only grid among Editable Grid enabled entities in D365”
Interesting approach. Unfortunately it does not prevent the user from switching to “Show as – Editable Grid”.