If you are designing your forms in the Model-Driven Apps designer from the Power Apps Maker i.e. https://make.powerapps.com/, here’s how you can add the New Power Apps Grid (which is in Preview at the time of writing this post)
For example, you are in Model Driven Apps designer and you are see the existing Grids, they have only 2 areas in Properties –
- Select the Grid and you’ll only see 2 areas –
- And if you expand them, you won’t find a way to change the control to, for example, Editable Grid.
- That’s where the new Power Apps Grid Control comes hand. This is currently in Preview at the time of writing this post.
New Power Apps Grid Control [Preview]
Now, click on the Components section to reveal all the Components that you could add to the Model-Driven Apps form –
- You’ll see the More Components section under which you’ll find the new Power Apps Grid Control.
- Now, once you drag is on the form where you want it to be, you’ll be asked to select the records it should hold. It’ll ask you to select the Table which you want to display in the sub-grid.
- Once you click on Done, make sure the Show Related Records is selected as well and ensure the Table and View selected is correct.
- Now, look for Components section and expand the same. Expanding the Components, you’ll be able to select the Editable Grid.
Expand the Components section and you’ll find another button to add more components that are made available.
- Now, you’ll be able to select the Editable Grid here.
- Now that you have added Editable Grid, click Done.
- And once you add, you’ll notice that the Mobile, Web etc will be shown under the new grid. Means this is now set as default and not the other 2 views.
- Finally, you can save your changes and publish.
And that’s how you are able to add Editable Grid on the modern Power Apps Model Apps designer using the new Power Apps Grid Component.
- And here’s how you’ll be able to add an Editable Grid on the Form using new Power Apps maker.
Here’s the Microsoft Learn link for the same – https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/model-driven-apps/the-power-apps-grid-control?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform\
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate