If you create a Whole Number field in Dynamics 365 CE environment, you’ll notice a Format which is available for you to choose i.e. Language among other formats like None, Duration, Time Zone.
Let’s see what the field is and what it stores.
- Let’s say you are creating a field on the Contact i.e. Preferred Language.
- And, it is represented in the below way – like a Drop Down
- Now, if you wonder which all Languages are displayed? Well, the ones which are Enabled for the D365 Organization are displayed in the Drop-down. They simply are set as data and doesn’t affect the record apart from the data value itself.
So, if you go to the Settings > Languages
Any other language apart from the Base Language of the Organization which is enabled is considered.
You’ll find all the Microsoft Locale IDs here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/embedded/ms912047(v=winembedded.10)?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
Now, let’s see what the field stores.
- I’ve written a short JS to pick what the field has stored as data. When I debugged, here’s what the field holds.
- Also, if you try to set data which is not enabled i.e. tried to set Language which is not enabled for your Dynamics 365, you’ll see the below validation error which says that the value is out of the allowed range.
Hope this post was useful!
Here are some more posts for Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement / CRM you might find useful!
- Custom Help Pages and Guided Tasks for Unified Interface in Dynamics 365
- Make Managed fields Required in Dynamics 365 – Managed Properties Error [Workaround] | D365 CE Quick Tip
- Sign up for a Dynamics 365 Project Operations (Lite Deployment) environment and provision a new instance | Power Platform
- Filter records in a View owned by a Team you are a member of | Dynamics 365 CRM
- Duration field in Dynamics 365 converts Hours value to Days in Dynamics 365 | [Flow Workaround to convert in Hours and Mins]
- Show custom ribbon button based on Security Role of the logged in User in Dynamics 365 | Ribbon Workbench in XrmToolbox
- Form Access Checker in new Power Apps Form Designer | Model-Driven Apps in Dynamics 365
- Connecting XrmToolBox to an MFA enabled Dynamics 365 environment | Azure AD
- Make On-Demand Flow to show up in Dynamics 365 | Power Automate
- Find deprecated JS code used in your Dynamics 365 environment | Dynamics 365 v9 JS Validator tool | XrmToolBox