In most scenarios, you might need to either –
- Convert from Production to Sandbox or
- Convert from Sandbox to Production
Converting from Production to Sandbox
- Navigate to Power Platform Admin Center’s environments section – https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments
Select the environment you want to convert (you can even navigate inside this environment)
- You’ll be asked for confirmation. It states that any services will be unavailable during this conversion.
- Process initiated. It takes a few minutes.
- In Progress.
- Since there’s no refresh button to show you it’s completed, you’ll have to check back in a few minutes in the same link as above – https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments
You’ll find that the conversion must’ve been completed by now.
Similarly, the opposite holds true while converting from Sandbox to Production! Hope this quick tip helps!
Here are some more Admin/PowerPlatform posts you might want to check out –
- Create new Sandbox and copy Production over to it in PowerPlatform Admin Center
- New ‘Capacity’ analytics on PowerPlatform Admin Center
- Create new CDS Environment and Database quickly from PowerApps Admin Center
- CDS For Apps Analytics instead of Organization Insights. Power Platform Admin Center