You can even Run Webhooks from the ribbon button in Dynamics 365 CRM using the Ribbon Workbench’s Smart Buttons.
In case you haven’t yet installed Smart Buttons in your Ribbon Workbench for your organization – Here’s a post for that – Install Smart Buttons for Ribbon Workbench | XrmToolBox
Now that it’s given you might have installed Smart Buttons already, let’s review how you can use the Run Report button for your Organization
For this example – have an HTTP Flow which I want to call using the Smart Button in Ribbon Workbench
For that matter, you can call a Webhook using Run Webhook Smart Button in Ribbon Workbench, let’s see how.
Run Webhooks button
Before we begin, add the entity-only in a Solution and then load it up into Ribbon Workbench –
- You can see the Run Webhook button in the Ribbon Workbench menu as below.
- When you drag it on the ribbon on the (on the Account Form in this example), you’ll see the below parameters pop-up.
Title should have the title of the Button to be called on the ribbon.
Web Hook URL should have the complete URL for the Webhook – An HTTP Flow here.
Start Confirmation Text should have the text which should be displayed on the confirmation dialog when you trigger this button for Webhook.
- Once you click OK, you should see the button show up on the ribbon where you have added it.
- You can double-click the button here and see if you need to add any additional properties.
- Once you are done, you can publish your changes.
Now, that the changes have been published, let’s look at the Ribbon button –
- When you refresh the form, you’ll see that the button has now appeared.
- And when you click the same, you’ll be asked the text you entered in the pop-up dialog.
- Once you click OK, the Webhook will be triggered and the Flow will be hit (in this example)
- In this scenario, it’ll only pass the id of the record.
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform\
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate