Here’s how you can create a Power Apps trial under the Per App Plan which is of $20!
Under Per App Pricing, look for Try New button where you can start the trial setup process.
Setting up a new tenant
Once you use the above link to, you’ll be taken to the Setup page like any other Dynamics trials you must’ve signed-up for –
- Fill in an email on which you would want to receive subscription communication email.
Then, click Next.
- In the next step, if the email address doesn’t exist ()-
- Next, under Tell us about yourself section, enter the basic details.
- Once you fill in these details, click Next. You’ll be asked to enter phone on which you’ll receive the OTP to authenticate
- Enter code and proceed.
In case you want to change the domain, you can do so before finalizing. Else, you can directly click on Next.
And once this is finalized, you can click on Save and it’ll be locked.
So in case you changed, then click on Next post that.
- In the final step, you’ll see the below. Once the info is correct, click on Get Started and you’ll be taken to M365 Admin Portal.
If you check the license which is assigned in this, you’ll see the –
Creating a Dataverse Environment
Now, you can create a Power Apps Dataverse environment –
- Go to https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/ and you can click on New.
- Now, you can set the name of the environment.
Note that the default type is set to Sandbox [I’ll tell you why this will cause an issue]
- In case you proceed to create a Sandbox type
- You’ll end up having this error which needs at least 1GB space.
- That’s why you can go back and change the Type to Trial (Subscription-based).
Also, notice that the Database will be created.
- Then, you can proceed. Also, notice that I’m also deploying sample data. Hence, Power Apps based Apps will be setup with demo data and not the Dynamics 365 Apps.
- Then, provisioning will start.
- In a few moments, the environment will be created and you can navigate to it.
- Select the environment and click on Open Environment.
- And the environment with sample apps and data will open up!
Here are some more Power Apps related posts you might want to check out –
- HTML Text control in Canvas Power Apps | Power Platform
- Configure Dataverse Search in Power Platform Admin Center | Dynamics 365
- Form Access Checker in new Power Apps Form Designer | Model-Driven Apps in Dynamics 365
- Log Canvas Power App telemetry data in Azure Application Insights | Power Apps
- Variables in Canvas Power Apps | Global and Context
- Dynamics 365 Solutions’ New Experience in Power Apps, Solution Checker and more
- Navigate Screen automatically based on Timer in Canvas Power App | Power Platform
- Advanced Lookup in Model-Driven Apps | Power Platform
- New App Designer for Model-Driven Apps | Power Platform
- Primary Key of Activity type entity in a Dataverse connector in Power Automate | Quick Tip