Let’s say you are using SharePoint Lists to populate your Data Table in a Canvas Power App. And you have a Text column which could be typically name of the Website and another column could be a URL.
Now, you want to be able to click the Name of the Website and the selection should take you to the Website itself.
Now, below is the Blog List in SharePoint you are populating your Data Table in a Canvas App with.
Now, I’ll use the above list to populate the Data Table to only show the Title in the Data Table and make the names clickable so that the URL of these Website names should be navigated to when you click them
Data Table column
- Firstly, the Names of the Blogs will appear in Plain Text because in SharePoint, this field is of Type plain text.
- In order to convert them to hyperlink, select the column as shown below
And then, on the right hand side in Table Column Properties, turn on the Is hyperlink flag to On
- Now, the names will be clickable
Now, these Titles should be clickable and navigate to the URL which is mentioned for each of these Website Names.
OnSelect property and Launch Function
- Every Data Table column has an OnSelect property which you can set.
- Now, you can use the Launch() function to launch a URL which in this case will launch/open the data from the URL column of the Data Table (which we have not displayed anywhere in the Data Table)
Now, here’s what the above Formula is set as
Launch() will accept Text values. The “BlogList Data Table” is the name of the Data Table we are using i.e. the SharePoint List.
.Selected will consider the Row we will click/select.
And URL is the name of the column where the URL resides.
Hence, it’ll Launch the URL we specified again each website name.
When you open the App, and click on the name of the Site
Hope this was useful!!
Here are some more Canvas Power Apps posts you might want to check out
- Aggregate functions in a Canvas Power App | Using on SharePoint Lists
- Count of total CDS records returned in a Canvas Power App connection [Quick Tip]
- Dependent OptionSets in a Canvas Power App for 1:N related CDS entities | Power Platform
- Restore older version of a Canvas Power App | Power Platform
- Implement character length validation in a Canvas Power App | Power Platform
- Logged In User details in a Canvas Power App
- Implementing Exit app, Logout and Confirm Exit features in a Canvas Power App
- Variables in Canvas Power Apps | Global and Context
- Get N:N records in a Canvas Power App using Common Data Service connector | Power Platform
- Adding a Canvas PowerApp to Teams