Here’s a super useful feature now available in Dynamics 365 for Model-driven Apps called as Advanced Lookups.
Turn on Advanced Lookup from Behavior Settings
You’ll need to go to the Power Platform Admin Center (PPAC) –
- Navigate to Behavior
Using Advanced Lookups
Here’s how the experience will be for you while using Advanced Lookups
- Now, once this is enabled, in Dynamics 365 – for example – a Parent Account lookup on Account will work as below –
- And it will open this dialog where you’ll see a much wider view of the Advanced Lookup and help your find the record using navigation/filtering options
Denoted by Red arrow, you can even switch between different available System Views for the selected Table (entity).
Denoted by Green, you can either create a record on the fly or filter to show only records that you own.
- Once you select to switch a view, you’ll be able to select between different System Views.
- And once you select a record (Of course you can only select 1 record at a time) and click done, it’ll be done.
And it’ll be added to the lookup field as follows.
- Also, only the views which you’ve selected in your Model-Driven App will appear and not all. For Example, in the Sales Professional App, I’ve selected only a handful of views and not all. So, only those will show up.
- Also, please make sure when you select Views and not all, please make sure you do select the Lookup View
- Else, if you don’t select this view, it’ll result in Runtime errors which I observed while trying to experiment on what views I can select. Hence, make sure that you select the Lookup Views along with other views which you require.
Here are Canvas Power Apps / Model-Driven Apps which you might like –
- New App Designer for Model-Driven Apps | Power Platform
- Rich Text Control for Canvas and Model-Driven App | Quick Tip
- Form Access Checker in new Power Apps Form Designer | Model-Driven Apps in Dynamics 365
- How to add Rating Values to Rating Models in D365 Field Service and PSA
- Language format for Whole Number field in Dynamics 365 CE
- Custom Help Pages and Guided Tasks for Unified Interface in Dynamics 365
- Filter records in a View owned by a Team you are a member of | Dynamics 365 CRM
- Show custom ribbon button based on Security Role of the logged in User in Dynamics 365 | Ribbon Workbench in XrmToolbox
- Duration field in Dynamics 365 converts Hours value to Days in Dynamics 365 | [Flow Workaround to convert in Hours and Mins]
- Find deprecated JS code used in your Dynamics 365 environment | Dynamics 365 v9 JS Validator tool | XrmToolBox