Environment Assignments and who should be able to create what types of Dynamics 365 CRM / CE / Dataverse environments can now be easily controlled.
You can either let everyone create a certain Type of environment or only enable Admin groups to create environments in Power Platform Admin Center! Let’s see how.
Restricting Users from Creating Environments
You can now restrict which types of Environments are allowed to be created for the type of audience in your tenant –
- If you are one of the Global Admins, Power Platform Admins, you have access to the Power Platform Admin Center settings (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/tenantsettings)
And you’ll see the below types of Environment Assignments available for you to tweak
- And in this example, let review and modify the settings for Production types of instances and who should be able to create this environments.
Every type of assignment will have the below 2 options –
Only specific admins (Global Admins, Power Platform Service Admins & Delegated Admins)
Reference Link: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-platform/admin/control-environment-creation?WT.mc_id=ppac_inproduct_settings?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
- Once your preferences are set, just click on Save and the settings will be applied. Let’s see in the next section how this works.
Here’s how a User will be restricted when they try to create the Types of environments when they are not part of the Admin Groups –
- Although, every user will get an option to Create using the Create button and select a Type of environment. When a User selects a Type, in this case Production
- And when they click Next, and enter further details in order to create the environment, they’ll see this error message.
- And to validate, you can look at the Roles in Microsoft 365 Admin Center under Users as to what Roles they have been assigned with.
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate