You Can create Custom Pages in as a Canvas App and add it to Model Driven App! Here’s a quick tutorial on how you can do this!
Creating Custom Pages
Here’s how you can create Custom Pages. Make sure you are in Power Apps and in the correct intended environment (https://make.powerapps.com/) –
- Make sure you are inside a Solution.
- Now, you can drop down from the + New menu and expand App. Then, you’ll find Page as an option which is different from Canvas App.
- When you click on Page, you’ll get the Canvas App Studio with the capabilities of Canvas App to be added to your Page.
- Now, let’s say you have designed the Page to serve your desired purpose. Make sure you Save and Publish the App, it’ll ask you to Enter the Name for the App (or rather, Page)
Enter a suitable name and click on Save.
- Once Saved, make sure to Publish again and confirm the Publish just like you would do for a Canvas App.
And confirm the Publish action.
- Now once this is done, you can go back to the Solution and check that the Page will appear.
and that’s how you have created a Page. Now, let’s consume this in your Model-Driven App!
Adding Custom Pages to Model-Driven Apps
Now, in the same solution, I’ll add the Model-Driven App so that I can configure the new Page I created in this Model-Driven App –
- When I go into App section in the solution I’m working in.
- And in that, I can click on Add existing button and expand App and then select Model-Driven App
- Now, from all the Apps, I want to add this Custom Page to the Sales Hub App. It could be anything else in your case.
- Once added, open the App.
- Once opened, you’ll see the + Add Page button. Click it.
- Now, the Dialog will ask what type of Page should be added. Custom Page is to be selected here.
- Now, you will be given option to either Create New (which we could have done directly but I wanted to demonstrate how to create within the Solution itself first), or add Existing.
We’ll choose to add Existing Custom Page. And then, we select the Custom Page we just created i.e. Account Review Page.
For the Page to show in the Site Map, make sure Show in navigation is ticked.
- Once you Add, you’ll see how the Page appears in the Model-Driven App. Publish your changes to this Model-Driven app is you are satisfactory.
- Once this is done, your Custom Page is added to the Model-Driven App and here’s how it looks!
Here’s complete document on Custom Pages on Microsoft Learn – https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/model-driven-apps/model-app-page-overview?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform\
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate