In PSA v3, there occurs a scenario where Resources (Users) have to enter about their absenteeism and they’re not able to submit the request successfully on the Time Entry grid.
Error while Submitting Absence/Vacation & Non-Project Time Entries
- Typically, when a Resource has to make an entry for Absence but doing the below
- And then clicking on Submit.
- But, doing so gives an error!
Let’s look at what was missing in readying the system for using PSA for the Resources –
Adding Manager for a Resource
Evidently from the error message itself, a Manager is required to approve the non-project time entries. Here’s how you can set it up!
- In PSA, it is required that ‘Manager’ is set for a Bookable Resource to be able to submit an absence/vacation/non-project time entry. Quite logical.
So, In User record (associated with the Bookable Resource record of the actual user), the Manager should be assigned.
- Like below, if there’s a manager present, the Resource should have no trouble submitted non-project/absence Time Entries.
- And once this is set, the entries should be submitted without an issue like below –
What can the Manager do?
- Once this type of Time Entry has been submitted, the Manager can see it under Approval entity in their PSA under Absences/Vacations for Approval
Hope this was helpful!