Here’s how you can use Dialog from Smart Buttons in Ribbon Workbench. In case you haven’t yet installed Smart Buttons in your Ribbon Workbench for your organization – Here’s a post for that – Install Smart Buttons for Ribbon Workbench | XrmToolBox
Now that it’s given you might have installed Smart Buttons already, let’s review how you can use the Run Report button for your Organization
Run Dialog button
Here’s how you can open a Canvas App as a Dialog in a Model-Driven App –
- In Ribbon Workbench, you can see the Open Dialog option in the Smart Buttons menu in Ribbon Workbench.
- Upon Dragging it to the ribbon (I’m using the Form ribbon in this example), you’ll be asked the below in a Dialog box.
Title should have the title which the button should show on the ribbon.
Dialog URL or Custom Page Unique Name should have the URL or the name of the Custom Page you have in your Model-driven App (I’ll share links below on how to get both from the official source itself)
Width and Height as suggests should be specified in pixel dimensions.
Dialog Title should show how the Dialog Box should look like.
- Here’s how the Custom Page’s name is (make sure the Custom Page is also added to the Model-Driven App your ribbon is in)
- Below are the links for both – Canvas App and Custom Page which can be added in the Dialog.
Custom Page to be added to the Open Dialog button – https://www.develop1.net/public/post/2021/08/08/custom-page-dialog-smart-button
Canvas App to be added to the Open Dialog button – https://www.develop1.net/public/post/2020/09/30/new-smart-button-custom-dialogs-in-model-driven-apps-using-canvas-apps
- Once this is done, it’ll appear on the ribbon and once you confirm, you can commit the changes by Publishing the customization.
- Once this is done, publish and let’s see how the customization will look.
Now that the customization are published, you can see as below –
- Here’s the button on the Form ribbon I added to.
- When you click it, the dialog box will appear as below –
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform\
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate