In your Visual Studio Code, you can now set up Power Platform Tools / Power Platform CLI Extension for Visual Studio Code (VS Code).
Here’s VS Marketplace Link for Power Platform Tools – https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=microsoft-IsvExpTools.powerplatform-vscode
Let’s review in this post!
Extensions in Visual Studio Code
Here’s how you can install Power Platform Build Tools in Visual Studio Code
- Navigate to Extensions section in Visual Studio Code.
- Search for Power Platform Tools
- It’ll then start installing –
- When you open the installed extension, you’ll be asked to Add Auth Profile.
- Clicking on Add Auth Profile will open up the Login dialog.
- Once you enter Username and Password and authenticate yourself into the environment, after a few moments, you’ll see the environments show up in Visual Studio Code.
- And if you expand on the environments, you’ll see the Solutions in the environment and each of them will let you get some information right away –
Testing Power Platform Tools Extension
Let’s make sure the Power Platform Tools were successfully installed –
- Once installed, you can open a new Terminal and type ‘pac‘
- It should show you all the Commands available since you are logged in.
- And as you start to use the Commands, they have other options inside the Menus themselves.
- Here’s a sample Command I used to see all the Environments
- Had Power Platform Tools not been installed or Disabled, you’d see the below error –
Here’s the reference Blog which talks about Power Platform Extension for VS Code – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-platform-extension-for-vs-code/
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform\
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate