In case you are looking for how you use Search function as opposed to using Lookup() function in Power Fx in Canvas App, check this post!
Lookup function – Lookup function in Canvas Power Apps | Power Fx Formula Example
Filter function – Filter function in Canvas Power Apps | Power Fx Formula Example
I have a Gallery control which is populated with Accounts data from Dataverse.
Then, I have another Gallery control to demonstrate how we can search and pick records that satisfy the criteria in the Seach formula.
Search() in Canvas App
Let’s see how we can use Search in a Canvas App based on the above scenario –
- Start by typing Seach while the Gallery is selected and you’ll see that it’s a valid function in the list. And the first thing in the parameter after opening the backet is the source.
- Now, Accounts is the table which I’m searching into. I selected this from the Auto-complete when I typed in Accounts and then, press comma (,) for the next parameter
- Next, I’ll be asked the text value of what I have to search for. It works like a “contains”. Anything that matches the pattern will be returned instead of the exact match.
- Finally, the last parameter is the Column on which the Search should be performed on. Since, I’m looking for Name of the Account in which I expect to find XYZ, I’ll select “Name” from the list.
- Now, the Formula is completed. I’ll get the below Formula on the new Gallery control’s Items property which has multiple records.
- And below is the result. All the rows that have XYZ in the Name of the Accounts will be populated in the new Gallery control I selected.
And that’s how Search() function can be used to select records that have the phrase entered in the forumula.
Here’s Microsoft Learn link for detailed criteria & documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/power-fx/reference/function-filter-lookup#syntax?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform\
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate