In case you are looking for how you use Search function as opposed to using Lookup() function in Power Fx in Canvas App, check this post!
Lookup Function – Lookup function in Canvas Power Apps | Power Fx Formula Example
Search Function – Search function in Canvas Power Apps | Power Fx Formula Example
I have a Gallery control which is populated with Accounts data from Dataverse.
Then, I have another Gallery control to demonstrate how we can filter and pick records that satisfy one or more criteria in the Filter formula.
Filter() in Canvas Apps
Let’s see how we can use Filter in Canvas App based on the above scenario –
- Start by typing Filter while the target Gallery is selected under Items property and you’ll see that it’s a valid function in the list. And the first thing in the parameter after opening the bracket is the source.
- Now, Accounts is the table which I’m looking to filter on. I selected this from the Auto-complete when I types Accounts and then press comma (,) for the next parameter.
- Next, I’ll be asked the criteria to check for in order to Filter from the source data.
Here, I want to select all the Account whose Annual Revenue is under 750,000.
So, when I start typing the field name, the list will show the correct name which I can select.
- Then, I complete the formula.
- Optionally, I can have multiple criteria to be Filtered for.
In this example, I’ll still keep only 1.
- Now, based on the completed formula, you can see below that the matching records have been filtered in the new Gallery control we added.
.And that’s how you can use Filter() function in Canvas App to select the records which match the provided criteria.
Here’s Microsoft Learn link for detailed criteria & documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/power-fx/reference/function-filter-lookup#syntax?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform\
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate