Here’s how you can use the Run Report button from Smart Buttons in Ribbon Workbench. In case you haven’t yet installed Smart Buttons in your Ribbon Workbench for your organization – Here’s a post for that – Install Smart Buttons for Ribbon Workbench | XrmToolBox
Now that it’s given you might have installed Smart Buttons already, let’s review how you can use the Run Report button for your Organization.
I have a Workflow which updates the Account’s Account Grade field to the value Verified
And the field to be updated is as below –
Run Workflow button
Before we begin, add the entity-only in a Solution and then load it up into Ribbon Workbench –
- You’ll see Smart Buttons show up in your Ribbon Workbench.
- When you drag the button over to the Grid (Form in this case), you’ll be given this popup window to fill in the details of what the Run Workflow button should do –
Title should be the title of the Window.
Workflow Name should be the text Display Name of the Workflow itself.
Start Workflow Confirmation Text should have the text that should be displayed on the confirmation dialog when clicked on the button.
- Once you click OK, this is how it will appear.
- And that’s it, publish your changes and reload the Page to see the Smart Button to Run the Workflow in action!
Let’s see below on how this Workflow button will work –
- On the Account form, I can now see this button being displayed and it has it’s Run Workflow icon built in.
- When you click the button, you’ll be seeing this message.
- And when it is running, you’ll see this notification on the form.
- And when this is done, it’ll change the value (or whatever your workflow is supposed to do).
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform\
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate