While using a Canvas App on Desktop, or when it’s embedded in Dynamics 365 CE, it’s a nice design decision to highlight the Gallery items on which your mouse is pointing on as you navigate/scroll.
By Default, the Gallery Items remain visually static and don’t show any effect if you move your mouse over the items.
That’s because the Transition effect on the Gallery items is set to None by default.
Transition Effects on Gallery Items [Pop & Push]
As you’ve seen the Default behavior, let’s also look at the 2 effects that are available to us
- Select the Gallery and then on the right-hand side, look for Transition field, it’ll be set to None by default. Change it to Pop.
Now, in Pop, the effect will be as below –
Similarly, like Pop, Push will have the reverse effeect of pressing into the item hovered.
- Again, when Gallery is selected, set the Transition to Push in the menu, save the changes and check again.
The Push effect will be as follows –
Here’s a quick YouTube video for the same –
Hope this was useful!
Here are some more Canvas Power Apps posts you might want to check –
- Navigate Screen automatically based on Timer in Canvas Power App | Power Platform
- Search on multiple columns from a Dataverse table in a Canvas Power App Gallery control | Power Platform
- Setting Correct Default Mode for Forms in a Canvas App | [Quick Tip]
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform
- Enable Custom Code Components (PCF Controls) to be imported in a Canvas Power App | Quick Tip
- Retrieve Hashtags from Text in a Canvas Power App | Power Platform
- Rating Control to represent data from Dataverse in a Canvas Power App | Power Platform
- Implement character length validation in a Canvas Power App | Power Platform
- AddColumns() function to dynamically add columns to a Data table in Canvas Power App | SharePoint List
- Aggregate functions in a Canvas Power App | Using on SharePoint Lists