As new developers for Dynamics 365 CRM, you would need to dive deeper into Dynamics 365 CRM metadata apart from what’s just offered in the Customize Solution.
So, you have
Metadata Browser – Navigating through metadata about entities in the environment.
Entity Metadata Browser – Navigating through metadata inside an entity in the environment.
Get Metadata Browser
Here’s how you can get the official Metadata Browser from Microsoft Learn document itself –
Microsoft Learn Link: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/developer/browse-your-metadata?view=op-9-1?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
- On you use the above link, you’ll get these options. For latest Dynamics 365 CRM using v9.2 as well, the one highlighted below should work at the time of writing this post.
- You’ll get it in the system.
- Given that you are System Administrator or System Customizer and have access to importing Solutions in your organization, you can Import this downloaded Managed Solution in your environment.
- Select the Solution file and click Next.
- It’ll click Import once it looks good.
And it’ll be done. You don’t need to (and can’t) Publish since it’s a Managed Solution.
- And that’s it! You’ll see Metadata Browser in your Solutions.
Using Metadata Browser
Once you import the Metadata Browser and open it up, let’s see how you can use it –
- Open the Metadata Browser.
- You’ll see 2 options here – Metadata Browser and Entity Metadata Browser.
- Metadata Browser has the details of the Metadata on an Entity level i.e. list of all Entities and then their metadata.
- Entity Metadata Browser will show the details inside each Entity rather than about the Entity itself. Like Attributes, Keys, Relationships, etc.
- In fact, you can get the Entity Metadata Browsing for an Entity from Metadata Browser Page itself by clicking on “View Entity Details” button in the Metadata Browser itself.
Another way is to use XrmToolBox’s tools like Metadata Browser but since this is not official by Microsoft, support is not provided and the usage is not warranted –
- Login to XrmToolBox and install Metadata Browser plugin if you already haven’t.
- Once installed, you can use this
- And then you can browse the metadata from XrmToolBox
Here’s how you can get the Instance Web API of your organization – Check Metadata of your Dynamics 365 instance in the browser | [Quick Tip]
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform\
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate
One thought on “Metadata Browser and Entity Metadata Browser in Dynamics 365 CRM | Managed Solution & XrmToolBox”
thanks alot of information goodjobs