At times, users report that they can’t seem to know what’s wrong with their published App and the behavior is said to be unexpected. At times, no direct error is thrown to them but they don’t seem to understand what’s wrong.
Here’s what we can look at and invite them to join a Remote debugging session.
In your Canvas Power App, you can find Monitor (which is in Preview as I write this post), this will open a new Monitor interface.
- Click on the Menu as shown
- Alternatively, also from the list of Apps available to you by permission.
- Now, when you open it, you’ll be in the Debug interface. In the interface, look for this open to Play Published App
- It’ll open the actual App in Play mode in the new tab.
On the new Tab, you’ll see this message to ask you if you want to Join the session.
- Once you click on Join, the App will open with the message on top saying that you’ve joined the debug session.
- Let’s say I do a simple data entry operation by select one of the records and trying to modify it.
- As you then perform Actions in your App, your operations will be captured in the Monitor for you to review and debug what’s wrong.
- Also, if there are any specific errors that occurred, they are highlighted with Red row. You can simply click it and the details will appear on the right.
- Error can be investigated as below
- You can then investigate and see what was sent and how the payload was etc. and work towards further debugging/investigating it.
Invite Others to Debug session
Also, if you want others to simply look at what’s being captured. You can invite other users to your debugging session by clicking on Invite button
Enter their Email address and they’ll show up in the list. Copy the Link from their row and pass it on to them to join the session. They will be in read only mode and can see what’s captured and look at error details.
They can only watch and not Play the App themselves or invite others. See below
Hope this helps!!
Here are some more Canvas Power App based posts you might want to check –
- Implement character length validation in a Canvas Power App | Power Platform
- Download a File from a Canvas Power App using a button | Power Platform
- AddColumns() function to dynamically add columns to a Data table in Canvas Power App | SharePoint List
- Implement real-time search in Gallery of CDS records in a Canvas Power App | Power Platform
- Log Canvas Power App telemetry data in Azure Application Insights | Power Apps
- Call HTTP Request from a Canvas Power App using Flow and get back Response | Power Automate
- Send a Power App Push Notification using Flow to open a record in Canvas App | Power Automate
- Launch URL on a Data Table Text column selection in a Canvas PowerApp | SharePoint Lists
- Aggregate functions in a Canvas Power App | Using on SharePoint Lists
- Dependent OptionSets in a Canvas Power App for 1:N related CDS entities | Power Platform