Pass Form Context to the JS in Ribbon
Let’s see how you can pass form context as a parameter to the JS method on from your Ribbon button
- Let’s say you have a ribbon on the Opportunity that does something based on budget, so I’ve called it Budget.
- Once you select CRM Parameter, you’ll need to pass on the Primary Control as shown below
- Then, it’ll look like this on your JS Function
Accessing Form Context
Let’s say you have opened the Dev Tools on your browser by pressing F12, then click the button (assuming you either have set a breakpoint inside the function or using debugger; to stop at a point inside the function that button calls). And then you click the button
Once you debug, you’ll see this when you hit the debugger when you function is called.
The debugger will be hit
And if you check in the Console, you’ll see the complete context passed to the function
Hope this helps!
Here are some Ribbon Workbench related posts you might want to check –
- Pass selected rows’ GUIDs to ribbon button in D365 | Ribbon Workbench
- Debug Ribbon button customization using Command Checker in Dynamics 365 CE Unified Interface
- Show Ribbon button only on record selection in Dynamics CRM
- Hide Custom Ribbon Button [Easy Way] – Ribbon Workbench
- Enable Flow button on D365 Ribbon
- [SOLVED] Navigating URL from Ribbon’s custom button in Dynamics for Phones app
- Fix Ribbon icons on the Unified Interface in D365 CE
- D365 Ribbon Button shortcut to open a Document in SharePoint Online