Unlike other Dynamics 365 Trial instances sign up process which is from https://trials.dynamics.com/, Project Operations are requested and provisioned in a different way as of early 2021.
Let me walk you through how you can provision a Dynamics 365 Project Operations Trial (Lite Deployment) on a brand new instance/tenant.
Selecting a Deployment Type
Here are Microsoft Docs links to help you understand the different Deployment types – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/project-operations/environment/determine-deployment-type?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
To summarize –
Project Operations Lite Deployment is the CE only deployment meaning it does not connect to Finance & Operations for the full-fledged stocked/non-stocked scenarios talked about in the above MS Docs.
Dynamics 365 Project Operations – https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-us/project-operations/overview/?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
It takes about 2-3 days for the Email to appear in your Mailbox.
- Below is how it looks like.
- There are 3 links in the Email. You’ll need to provision for the below 2 links –
- Office 365 Project Operations – Preview [Required]
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations (CRM) – Trial [Required]
- Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Trial
I’ve created a YouTube video to summarize Sign Up and Provisioning of the Project Operations Lite deployment
Hope this was helpful!
Here are some more Dynamics 365 Administrator related posts you might want to check –
- Turn Teams On / Off at Org Level, provisioning users | M365 Admin Center Tip
- Convert environments between Production and Sandbox | Power Platform Admin Center [Quick Tip]
- Create new Sandbox and copy Production over to it in PowerPlatform Admin Center
- D365 Admin Center: Instance Picker Link / Power Platform Admin Center | Dynamics 365 Environments
- Remove ‘This Email has been blocked due to potentially harmful content.’ message in Dynamics 365 Emails | OrgDbSettings utility
- Wave 1 2021 Early Access is now available | Opt-in