Now that Power Automate is in GA in Teams, there are a ton of automations you can perform and quite a few of them already ready to be consumed right within the templates itself without you having to do anything at all.
One such important Flow is setting Follow up on messages! Let’s look at how we can find and use this
Power Automate in Teams
Power Automate is now in Teams as well. Here’s how you can get it –
- You can go the Apps in Teams. Then, look for Power Automate.
- Now, you’ll see this populate template called as Follow up on a message which is already created completely for you.
- Once you select this, you’ll just need to confirm. I’ll just call it Follow up on a message. Then, I’ll simply click on Create flow.
- Once you click on Create, you’ll see a confirmation message that the Flow has been created.
- You’ll see it turned on in your Home in Power Automate.
- Now, once this is setup, you’ll see a Bot on the Chat list in Teams.
- And it will show you that the Flow is ready to run.
Following up on a message in Teams
So here’s how it does –
- Let’s say I got a message from a colleague that he’ll get back to me in 5 mins.
- Now, in case I forget, it’ll be gone and I might remember this by myself much later. Here’s where I can add a follow up to this. So, I’ll click on the three dots (ellipses) and go to More Actions and then see the Flow I created.
- Now, it’ll ask me some details as to when I want to follow up and what should show up.
So, I’ll enter the Date & Time of when I want to be reminded and what the reminder should say.
- And, at the given time, the Flow Bot will pop this message in it’s own chat window.
I can go to the message.
- And it’ll simply take me to the message. On the phone app, it subtly glows for a brief moment (Perhaps this could some to Teams in a more prominent way)
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform\
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate