One of the important aspects of ‘User Adoption’ is also ensure that the Model-Driven App you’ve designed for your Org’s Users stays optimized and ensures the users get the best of it.
Let’s see how we can utilize Performance Insights to help us optimize our Model-Driven App!
Performance Insights is in Preview and here’s how you can access the same.
- Go to https://make.powerapps.com/
- Now, in your Apps below, select the Model-Driven App you want to view Performance metrics of.
- Now, once you open, you’ll see the metrics as below
Let’s understand how you can read these metrics and take actionable actions on the same.
Understanding the Insights
These insights are categorized based on severity. Let’s see which needs your attention the most –
- The Insights can be narrowed based on the timeframe of 24 hours, Unfortunately, I have only 1 Date to show in my case.
- I recommend paying special attention to the ones with Warning on them
- Now, looking at the first one for example is PluginTraceLog which I left ON while I was working on Plugins on this environment in the App.
So, if I select the first one
The right hand pane will detail out what the issue is and what Area to focus on.
- Also, if you look at the How to improve part, it’ll point you to the Microsoft Docs for the suggested workaround/action.
It’ll take you to the Microsoft Docs section of the particular issue in question –
- In case you have a new environment and didn’t work inside the App significantly for a particular time frame, you’ll see this message.
Here’s the complete Microsoft Docs article on the detailed Performance Insights for Model-Driven Apps –
Here are some more Model-Driven and Canvas Power Apps posts you might want to check out –
- HTML Text control in Canvas Power Apps | Power Platform
- Disable Recent Records from Dynamics 365 Lookup Control | Model-Driven Apps [Quick Tip]
- Advanced Lookup in Model-Driven Apps | Power Platform
- New App Designer for Model-Driven Apps | Power Platform
- Rich Text Control for Canvas and Model-Driven App | Quick Tip
- Form Access Checker in new Power Apps Form Designer | Model-Driven Apps in Dynamics 365
- How to add Rating Values to Rating Models in D365 Field Service and PSA
- Log Canvas Power App telemetry data in Azure Application Insights | Power Apps
- Transition effect on Gallery Items when hovered over in a Canvas Power App | [Quick Tip]
- Retrieve Hashtags from Text in a Canvas Power App | Power Platform