If you’ve been using classic CRM since 2011 days until Solutions History came out (around 2018 timeline), we always wondered when was a certain field, view, form (component in general) was created.
It’s possible to see using Solution Layers
Example: When was a field created
Let’s say you want to find out when a field was created.
- Select the field, check for Solution Layer as shown below
- Now, go into the Active layer
- In Active layer, scroll down to the details
- You’ll be able to see the Created On field
- If there was a component/field that is too old and was created before this feature was introduced, it’ll show a default 1900 DateTime value
I tried to look for this info in XrmToolBox’s Metadata Browser but couldn’t find it –
Please let me know if any better suggestions as well! 🙂
Here are some more Dynamics 365 CE / CRM related posts you might want to check –
- Dynamics 365 Solutions History – Keep track of your deployments
- Using ‘Clone a Patch’ & ‘Clone Solution’ in Dynamics 365 Solutions
- Add multiple Opportunity Products at once in Dynamics 365 Sales | Enhanced Experience [Preview]
- Import lookup referencing records together in Dynamics 365 CRM | [Linking related entity data during Excel Import]
- Mailbox Alerts Hide/Show behavior in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Excel Importing Notes (Annotation) entity in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Dynamics 365 PSA v2 to v3 Upgrade failed? Here’s what to do.
- Dynamics 365 Solutions’ New Experience in Power Apps, Solution Checker and more
- Check Managed Solution failures in Solution History in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Store ‘Today’s Date’ in a field to use in workflow conditions in D365 CE
Hope this was useful