If you newly created a an M365 tenant, this is what you’ll be forced to by to enter authentication methods in this Security Defaults feature –
In most cases, even clicking on Skip for now option doesn’t help and I’m forced to enter an alternate authentication method.
Ideally, for Production purposes, you should keep this turned on. Only if you are on a trial and the tenant you are working on is for learning purposes, it is OK to turn this off.
Turn Off Security Defaults in Azure Portal
Here’s how you can turn off the Security Defaults requirement from the Azure Portal –
- Navigate to Azure Portal (https://portal.azure.com)
- Again, you’ll see this message so you can choose to skip this since we want to disable the Security Defaults.
- Then, go to Azure Active Directory
- Once in Azure Active Directory, look for the Settings in the left hand pane.
- In Properties, at the bottom you’ll see the Manage Security defaults button.
- It would be turned on by default (Yes) which you’ll need to switch to No.
- Once you switch to No, you’ll need to select either of the below reasons as to why you are switching it off. I just entered N/A in the Others reason, your reason could be different.
- Once you Save it, that’s all. Now you can just close the Window and try to Login again.
Logging in without Security Defaults
When the Security Defaults is turned off, you can see that the login screen will no longer ask you to enter an authentication method –
- When you enter password.
- And when you sign in, you’re no longer asked to enter a method for authentication and you’re already logged in past that step.
Hope this was helpful! Here are some more Dynamics 365 posts which you might be interested in –
- Dynamics 365 Storage Utilization | Dataverse Storage | Power Platform Admin Center
- Use Hierarchy in Roll Up Fields in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Filter records in a View owned by a Team you are a member of | Dynamics 365 CRM
- Get GUID of the current View in Dynamics 365 CRM JS from ribbon button | Ribbon Workbench
- Dynamics 365 App For Outlook missing on SiteMap in CRM? Use shortcut link [Quick Tip]
- Import lookup referencing records together in Dynamics 365 CRM | [Linking related entity data during Excel Import]
- Mailbox Alerts Hide/Show behavior in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Excel Importing Notes (Annotation) entity in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Enable/Disable the need to Approve Email for Mailboxes in Dynamics 365 CRM CE
- Call Azure Function from Dynamics 365 CRM using Webhooks
- Show Ribbon button only on record selection in Dynamics CRM
- Accessing multiple occurrences of a field in Business Process Flow using JS in D365 CRM