If you are lately started creating Flows, you’ll come across some errors which are not precisely directing to what might be the issue but throw an error that says as below –
For Triggers (InvalidWorkflowTriggerName) –
Run Action (InvalidWorkflowRunActionName) –
The reason you see these errors are because of Invalid Characters which are in your Flow Trigger Step Names or on the Flow Action Step Names.
Invalid Characters in Trigger Names
Invalid Characters in Action Step Name.
Hence, the Step Names shouldn’t contain the below special characters –
< > % & ? / \
Note: Trigger/Step Names can’t end with a Full Stop (.). However, if there’s a Full Stop in between, it’ll work
Hope this was helpful!
Here are some more Power Automate posts you might want to check out –
- Create a Team, add Members in Microsoft Teams upon Project and Team Members creation in PSA / Project Operations | Power Automate
- ChildFlowUnsupportedForInvokerConnections error while using Child Flows [SOLVED] | Power Automate
- Using outputs() function and JSON Parse to read data from missing dynamic value in a Flow | Power Automate
- Setting Lookup in a Flow CDS Connector: Classic vs. Current Environment connector | Power Automate Quick Tip
- Make On-Demand Flow to show up in Dynamics 365 | Power Automate
- Setting Correct Default Mode for Forms in a Canvas App | [Quick Tip]
- Pause a Flow using Delay and Delay Until | Power Automate
- Call HTTP Request from a Canvas Power App using Flow and get back Response | Power Automate