Now, not always Approvals details/description should appear as plain text. In order to enrich the Details of an Approval Adaptive Cards (which you can send as part of standard Approvals provided by Cloud Flows / Power Automate)
In this post, I’ll be looking at an example to format Details for a “Start and wait for an approval” Action step in Power Automate / Cloud Flow
You can enrich the Details so that they appear easy to read and are more meaningful.
Let’s say I receive the below Approval with the Details mentioned as below.
And the Details section as you see appears bland without formatting. Let’s format the same using some Markdown examples.
Markdown Support for Details in Approvals in Cloud Flows
- If you select Approvals and notice the Details field, you’ll see a watermark saying that Markdown is supported.
- Markdown is a light-weight markup language for formatted text. MS Docs Official Link for all Markdown usage: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
- Let’s look at how the below plain text can be enriched using Markdown
- Now, understanding how Markdown is used from the documentation provided above, you can format the details as below –
- And the formatted Details section looks more meaningful and appealing.
Hope this helps!
Here are some more Power Automate / Cloud Flows posts you might want to look at –
- Trigger Conditions not working in a Cloud Flow? Here’s Why | Power Automate Quick Tip
- Read OptionSet Labels from CDS/Dataverse Triggers or Action Steps in a Flow | Power Automate
- Parallel Branching in Cloud Flows – Isolate Response dependent Step Actions in parallel branches | Quick Tip
- InvalidWorkflowTriggerName or InvalidWorkflowRunActionName error in saving Cloud Flows | Power Automate Quick Tip
- Using outputs() function and JSON Parse to read data from missing dynamic value in a Flow | Power Automate
- Create a Team, add Members in Microsoft Teams upon Project and Team Members creation in PSA / Project Operations | Power Automate
- Adaptive Cards for Outlook Actionable Messages using Power Automate | Power Platform
- Make On-Demand Flow to show up in Dynamics 365 | Power Automate
- Run As context in CDS (Current Environment) Flow Trigger | Power Automate
- Call HTTP Request from a Canvas Power App using Flow and get back Response | Power Automate
Thank you !!