Error on trigger of the Flow which reads as “The power flow’s logic app flow template was invalid”
This could be because the schema of the Flow is not longer valid and needs to be refreshed. Here’s a simple way on how you can do this.
Let’s consider this Scenario where you have an On-Demand Flow in Dynamics 365 CRM which is using a Dataverse (Legacy) trigger –
- You see the Flow as below in Dynamics 365 CRM on the record which you can call (Replacement of your classic On-Demand Workflows in CRM 😊)
Flow didn’t run as expected and hence, the next step was to investigate.
- So, to further investigate, you open the Flow and find this error notification already in the Edit mode itself.
The complete error message reads as –
“The power flow’s logic app flow template was invalid. The ‘type’ property of template trigger ‘manual’ at line ‘1’ and column ‘11024’ has the value ‘Manual’ which is deprecated in schema version ‘2016-04-01-preview’ and onwards.“
- This means the Schema has been deprecated and you’ll need to refresh the same.
Here’s how you can quickly fix this –
- Remove the trigger
- And then re-add the same trigger. In this case, Dataverse (Legacy)
- Note that the references will be removed since you removed this step/trigger.
Now, for this particular Flow Trigger, I further faced issues while receiving the Body correctly. And got something like this –
I’ll further investigate this and update this post
Now, save the Flow and re-attempt Running it.
Note: Since the schema has been updated, you’ll need to investigate the check the rest of the Flow for any changes you might need to make.
- For Logic Apps, Microsoft Docs has provided this directive – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-schema-2016-04-01#upgrade-your-schema?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Call Flow from Webhooks in Dynamics 365 CRM | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform\
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate
4 thoughts on “Update Flow Schema [The power flow’s logic app flow template was invalid] error | Power Automate Tip”
We get this error sometimes after a deployment. What works for us is just saving the flow again after we get the message. Then magically it works.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Nice!! I think it has something to do with Callback Registration entries. Which I’ll research on post about it soon!
What do you do with flows that don’t have a trigger? I have some that I launch via a button in my SharePoint list (using a custom row action where the action is executeFlow), so the first block in my Flow is “For a selected item”. Does it mean I can’t have manually triggered flows anymore?
Thanks Darryl, all the Flow’s first step is technically a trigger. Did you encounter this error on your ‘For a Selected Item’ flow? Have you tried to remove it and again added the same one? This should resolve for you as well in that case.