At times, if you are setting up a new system or new to development of Dynamics 365 CRM plugins, you often end up borrowing Plugin Registration Tool from some one.
In this scenario, you are getting a zip file from someone or some other computer and expecting the Plugin Registration Tool to work for you as it works for them.
Ideally, download Plugin Registration Tool from source. You can follow this post – Download Plugin Registration Tool for Dynamics 365 CRM using PowerShell
Plugin Registration Tool Issue
Issue is when you try to, say, Update the plugin assembly – You’ll see that the button is being pressed but nothing happens.
And the Update window doesn’t show up.
The issue is that when you bring files from other computer, Windows blocks suspected dlls when you Unzip the files.
So, you’ll need to Unblock all the dlls in the Plugins Registration Tool folder as shown below.
You can do so by going into Properties of each of the dll files in the Plugin Registration Tool folders and look for a button which says Unblock
Likewise, you’ll need to Unblock each of the dll files which will enable features within the Plugin Registration Tool.
As you can see, the message besides the Unblock checkbox reads – “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.”
And once you Unblock all the files, you then need to restart the Plugin Registration Tool in case it was already open.
Side Note: In case you are new to Plugins in Dynamics 365 CRM and looking for tutorials, you can check out my Blog Series on Plugin Development – Plugins Development in Dynamics 365 CRM for Beginners | [Blog Series]
Hope this was helpful! Here are some more Dynamics 365 posts which you might be interested in –
- Dynamics 365 Storage Utilization | Dataverse Storage | Power Platform Admin Center
- Use Hierarchy in Roll Up Fields in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Filter records in a View owned by a Team you are a member of | Dynamics 365 CRM
- Get GUID of the current View in Dynamics 365 CRM JS from ribbon button | Ribbon Workbench
- Dynamics 365 App For Outlook missing on SiteMap in CRM? Use shortcut link [Quick Tip]
- Import lookup referencing records together in Dynamics 365 CRM | [Linking related entity data during Excel Import]
- Mailbox Alerts Hide/Show behavior in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Excel Importing Notes (Annotation) entity in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Enable/Disable the need to Approve Email for Mailboxes in Dynamics 365 CRM CE
- Call Azure Function from Dynamics 365 CRM using Webhooks
- Show Ribbon button only on record selection in Dynamics CRM
- Accessing multiple occurrences of a field in Business Process Flow using JS in D365 CRM