Let’s understand how you can look at a Flow and check the Analytics it generates as the Flow is being used.
The maximum Analytics generated for a Flow is 30 days and not beyond that at this point. This might change in the future.
Analytics on Flow
Open a Flow in Power Automate and let’s see how we can access the Analytics of a Flow –
- When inside a Flow, you’ll see and Analytics button in the menu.
- Or even if you are in the list to view all the Flows, you’ll see them like this –
- In the Analytics Page, you’ll find a first tab you’ll find is a Actions tab which loads a PowerBI Report load and show something which is called as AggregationDateMakerDailyActions and BillableActionsMakerDailyActions which show the total Actions being executed per Flow run on a daily basis.
I know this might be a little overwhelming, hence, here’s a reference Document to understand the same –
Introducing action analytics in Power Automate – https://powerautomate.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introduction-action-usage-analytics-in-power-automate/?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
And here’s a Microsoft Doc on understanding Request Limits and allocations – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/api-request-limits-allocations?WT.mc_id=DX-MVP-5003911
Please note that the maximum range you can go back to get this data is 30 Days!
Let’s look at the other 2 tabs –
Under the Usage tab, you’ll see how many Flow Runs were Successful vs Failures [Example taken from another Flow since I had to capture some failures too 😊]
In the Errors tab, you’ll see which all Flow Runs failed on what types or Errors. This is helpful in understanding the different issues the Flow needs to be addressed for –
- Below is how you’ll see the different types of Errors all the Flow Runs are divided amongst.
- And if you see the list of Failures, you’ll see that there is a hyperlink to each of the Flow Run itself.
- Clicking on these, they take you to the actual Flow Run itself.
Hope this was useful!
Here are some more Power Automate posts you might want to check –
- Enable SharePoint Online integration Dynamics 365 | Power Platform Admin Center
- Dynamics 365 Storage Utilization | Dataverse Storage | Power Platform Admin Center
- Use Hierarchy in Roll Up Fields in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Filter records in a View owned by a Team you are a member of | Dynamics 365 CRM
- Get GUID of the current View in Dynamics 365 CRM JS from ribbon button | Ribbon Workbench
- Dynamics 365 App For Outlook missing on SiteMap in CRM? Use shortcut link [Quick Tip]
- Import lookup referencing records together in Dynamics 365 CRM | [Linking related entity data during Excel Import]
- Excel Importing Notes (Annotation) entity in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Enable/Disable the need to Approve Email for Mailboxes in Dynamics 365 CRM CE
- Call Azure Function from Dynamics 365 CRM using Webhooks
- Show Ribbon button only on record selection in Dynamics CRM
- Accessing multiple occurrences of a field in Business Process Flow using JS in D365 CRM